Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More Bragging

Sorry, I can't help myself. I'm just so proud!

Even though ARG placed disappointingly at summer nationals (let's just say not in the top 8) he ended up the year ranked 6th nationally in Youth12 Mens' Saber! I keep telling him how wierd it is for me that my son is ranked nationally. Cool. But wierd.

Now we need to figure out how much coin to drop on national tournaments this upcoming year. His peers are going to 3-5 national tournaments. Oy. Kansas City. St. Louis. Miami. Houston. Des Moines. Can you say $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? (and why do they keep picking these lame cities in the midwest? Miami excepted)

It is safe to say fencers are an elite bunch. In most parts of the world my family would be considered wealthy. But in the fencing world, we are the poor ones who can't afford to go to all the tournaments. Sigh.

Well, it's two weeks off in August and then back into the fencing frying pan. This year ARG is eligible for 5 new fencing categories (Y16, Y18, Div 1, Div 2 & Div 3), so he'll potentially have MORE tournaments.

Help me!

1 comments:

HaynesBE said...

Congrats to Andrew!!
Sorry about being so out of touch. Summer does that to me. Hope you are doing well.
B