Thursday, May 7, 2009

More Lucy

We're really in the puppy trenches now.

Turns out our adorable, sweet and cuddly pup is playing host to a variety of guests.

Giardia.
Round Worms.
Parasites.
Heavy, heavy sigh.
Diarrhea, trips to the vet ($$$), prescription medicine, diarrhea, bloated tummy, diarrhea. Did I mention diarrhea? Sure makes potty training a challenge.

The good news for the day is that we have to build Lucy a pooping place filled with gravel so we can scoop up the poop each day (lest she reinfect by stepping in it). Yay! $$$!

Poor Lucy. For a sick dog she is pretty happy. But my the skin on my hands is about to peel off from washing so much. And every time she licks one of the kids I freak out.

Ya know? I did NOT sign up for this. (at least I didn't think I was signing up for it)

And let me just say here that I WAY overestimated the enthusiasm/ability/desire of Rosie to be Lucy's main caregiver. Somehow taking a reluctant pup to the potty in the rain just doesn't do it for her! Go figure.

Now don't get me wrong. I still love cuddling with her on my lap. And she is a very good dog.

But. Ew!

0 comments: