Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You wouldn't want to be me this last hour

Oh, how I loath and despise dealing with huge service corporations.

If I could choose some words to describe how I feel when I've hit a dead end, either online or on the phone, some might be:

enraged
about to explode
overwhelming desire to reach through the wires and slap someone
desperate
depressed

We've all experienced it. We've all felt the frustration. I won't bore you with the details (other than to say avoid Paypal if humanly possible).

And you can't get mad at the poor Indian girl on the other end of the who is just doing her best to be cheerful and informative. She simply doesn't know any more than you do. She's reading the same instructions that you can read too.

It's like there's this huge, monolithic, impersonal being that is behind the dead end laughing at me. Saying, "I don't care about your problem. I'm too big to care about your puny problem. You don't matter one little bit."

Arg! (fuming and pulling hair out)

What could be worse?

0 comments: