Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ode to Eating Out

Oh.....eating out!
The luxury. The decadence.
Someone else serving ME.
Complex flavors and new taste sensations tickle my taste buds
Choices upon choices to tempt me!
No dishes to wash.
No counters to wipe.
No floor to sweep.
Hallelujah!

My prowess as a poet notwithstanding, I am very excited about eating out. Joe and I are kicking around the idea of starting a new blog: Coastside Eats. Loosely based on the blog of one of his work buddies http://greasepig.com/henrys/ the idea is this:

1. Eat at our favorite restaurants on the coast (Pacifica to Pescadero) as much possible (ordering different items each time).
2. Take pictures of our dishes (before we eat) and post on blog
3. Write about the food, service, ambiance...etc. on our blog

An exciting endeavor with multiple benefits: marital togetherness, eating out lots, fun, new food, good old standbyes and hopefully recognition of deserving restauranteurs. The only downside will be the coin outlay. But, it's all for the cause, right?

Stay tuned......

2 comments:

Mike said...

I like your new blog idea. I used to read Michael Bauer's (the SF Chronicle restaurant reviewer) blog regularly. Bring it on.

Sue said...

Thanks! You're the best blog cheerleader ever. Maybe you should get a "best blog spirit" award now.