Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Toddlerzilla

My almost three year old daughter is a disaster area creator. She roams freely around our house breaking things, making messes, leaving stuff and generally creating disorder and mayhem.

Here are some of her most recent accomplishments:

- coloring on the couch in red crayon (thankfully it washed out)
- apply my eye shadow to her cheeks with my best makeup brush
- dumping the whole bag (about 3 lbs) of guinea pig food into the guinea pig's cage
- leaving water running in her bathroom for who knows how long
- "helping" us make dinner by "opening" the spaghetti - spaghetti noodles all over the kitchen floor

On the other hand, she is awfully cute. We laugh and laugh watching her, and that's worth a lot.

Adorable behavior list:

- standing next to me while I practice singing, mimicking my voice and gestures to the tee all up and down the scale
- pulling along her baby xylophone when her brother and sister practice violin saying, "I've got MY bilovin!"
- putting a dish towel over her head and saying, "I'm Mary and you're baby Jesus."
- finding the first letter in her name on the keyboard and saying, "That's me!"

Cute but annoying stuff:

- only wants to wear costumes or pajamas all day, which makes going out a bit tricky.
- "how 'bout you're the mama lion and I'm the baby lion and you gwowl and I ....blah.(3-5 minutes go by)..blah..blah...OK?"

She is my third child and I am running out of the energy needed to deal with toddler-hood. Oh dear, and we are just entering into the "WHY?" phase....I'd better start taking my vitamins.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Oh, that "you're the mama toothbrush and I'm the baby toothbrush (or noun of your choice)" game just about killed me. I HATE that game.

Sue said...

Yes, it gets old pretty quick. I am lucky that I have a 7 year old who is willing to play along with the baby most of the time - so some of that gets deflected from me.

In general I don't enjoy or have energy for most imagination games. That's pretty sad really, as little ones live mostly in that world.