Friday, September 10, 2010

More fun, more helping

I've been thinking a lot about trying to enjoy life more lately. A dear friend from church just suffered a stroke and is in the hospital on all kinds of tubes and it is not looking good. And the San Bruno explosion and fire also contributed towards my frame of mind.

I've also been thinking about how I can be a good Samaritan - in the real, biblical sense. I mean really helping people and sharing God's love. Seems like everyone goes to Africa to help AIDS orphans. That is awesome, but I don't think I'm going there soon.

So I guess I want to help more, and I want to have more fun. Are those contradictory desires?

And is there room for anything more in my life? Hmmm.....

And can I afford to do all the things I want to do to have more fun?

OK, enough of all that philosophical stuff. Let's talk about what is really important: my HAIR.

It is time for a change. I grew my hair for over a year for the Anniversary party* and now I ready for a cut. I'm looking a little Pescadero these days with my long locks. The two options I am considering are:

1.) bangs, layered and medium length - lots of movement and easy to wear/wash and go.
2.) all one length, shoulder length or a little longer - no layers.

I'm thinking of going with #2 first, then transitioning to #1 if/when I get sick of it.

The next big question is bangs? or no bangs? I just think bangs make one look younger, and I could seriously use that kind of help about now. Ya know?

Is a new hair cut in any way related to having more fun or helping others?

Not really, huh.

* if you want to see pictures from the anniversary party (it was epic), check on my FB photos.

1 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Sue!
I say layered with bangs (and not just cuz that's what I have!) Like the 2nd photo? http://www.aaa-fashion.com/2010-new-layered-hairstyles/ Maybe you could play with color too, just for fun? :)