Saturday, February 27, 2010

Love My Hubby

Today I attended a memorial for a man from our church. He was only a few years older than I am. I didn't know him very well, but his son is a friend of Rosie's - came to her birthday party last year.

It was so sad to see his beautiful wife and three sons weeping and holding on to each other throughout
the memorial. But it was beautiful to see too. Over five hundred people turned up to honor this man, which says a lot about the kind of man he was. Lots and lots of people really loved him.

I know it is selfish of me, but I couldn't help thinking "What would it be like if it was Hubby who died? or me?" What kinds of things would I say or would people say about me at a memorial? It made me feel a little scared, like time is running out to become the person I want to be.

But it motivated me to consider all the things I love about my very-much-alive Hubby. So I can tell him now, today:

I love Hubby:

- because he goes to work every day to support us.
- when he sings (it means he is happy).
- because he rides bikes with MiniMe.
- because he always supports my growth and all my endeavors
- in his new glasses!
- because he loves the ocean.
- because he is SO generous with his time and money.
- because he knows how to fix things.
- he thinks I am beautiful at any weight.
- because he is the best beer brewer I know!
- because he'll go dancing with me.
- because he's willing to change and grow.
- because he puts up with my imperfections (It's TRUE! I actually have some!)
- because he loves his kids.
- because he loves my cooking.
- because he doesn't constantly buy new sporting, mechanical or computer equipment.
- because he gave me my first bible (with my name inscribed in gold letters on the front cover)
- because he loves me.

I'm going to tell him all these things tonight.

We've got to squeeze love and meaning out of every drop of life.

3 comments:

HaynesBE said...

Amazing how we need those sad reminders every once and awhile.

Thanks for yours.

Anonymous said...

what about being Mr.Safety and the way he makes you laugh but don't forget the family dessert receipe he pass on to you

Nicole said...

Awwww, with that attitude you guys will have people dancing in tuxes and formal dresses at your 50th wedding anniversary! :)

- Nicole (random stranger who is very touched by the sentiment).

P.S. Good luck with the hunt for your fabulous frock!!