Friday, July 3, 2009

Out of sorts

When Hubby is out of town, I am out of sorts. I get a tad anxious. I don't know why. Seems like he is a stabilizing or normalizing force in my world which I appreciate, but miss when it's gone.

The boys are off to Dallas for Summer Nationals. They had major mishaps getting there (flights cancelled, new routes, new stops...etc.). They were not able to get to the venue in time to purchase the equipment ARG needs for his event tomorrow. Oh, by the way, the event starts at 8:00am. And the vendors get there.....I'm praying they open at 7:00am. After they buy it they have to get the gear approved. And be ready to fence at 8:00am. Dallas time. 6am CA time. I'm trying to ignore the low grade anxiety I feel for ARG and his fencing.

Then, this afternoon I send Rosie out for a walk with Lucy (who was a naughty, naughty dog today). Usually she walks around the block and comes back in 15 minutes. After 40 minutes I started getting nervous. I called for her outside. Nothing. I decided to get in the car with MiniMe and drive around the neighborhood looking for her. Nada. I ran back into the house hollering for her. Not there.

I think all moms (and perhaps all parents, though I don't know about dads) know the sinking, panicky feeling when you can't find your kid. It is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I headed out again and drove a wider loop. After a few minutes I found her. RELIEF! A little cry. And a commitment to making agreements with Rosie about how long and far she should walk.

Now we're all locked and double locked up and settling down to watch a movie.

I miss Hubby.

0 comments: