Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weird

Do you ever wake up and have weird thoughts?

I'm convinced that hormones are involved in my case. I woke up today and thought, "Life is dull. Nothing is fun. I won't enjoy my day."

Well, Good Mornin' to Ya!

Heck of a way to wake up, huh? Those thoughts are so not me. I am just not like that (usually). I've had one (well, maybe two) other times in my life when I had dark thoughts, and they were both about 3 months postpartum. One time I actually thought, "Why should I live?" and immediately was like "Wut???? I don't even feel that way! That thought does not belong to me." Thankfully it was so foreign, that I recognized it as so and blew it off. But there were some uncomfortable months when the kids were babies.

Because of other physical signs, I know I am at a certain time (you gals know what I mean). I fully attribute lame-o thoughts like the ones I had this morning to hormones. What is up with that? Why were we women made to have these crazy hormonal fluctuations? Were we just meant to keep having babies until 45? No way.

Sometimes I am a rebellious believer. I get a little annoyed with God for certain things. Like hormones. And lame-o thoughts that I have to endure. It's really a pain in my head.

Luckily I have a healthy enough mindset to immediately want to overcome. I start thinking about how I can make today special and fun. I realize I haven't had reading/cuddle time with the kids on the couch for a long time. Need to find a good book. And read.

Perhaps some ice cream......... the remedy to all ills.

0 comments: