Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bragging Moment

For all of the garbage and nonsense I put up with being a mom, I think I get the right to brag and take pride in my kids when they do something awesome. It's like a payment for all that hard work and sacrifice. (prepare for braggage)

My son is ranked 4th IN THE NATION !!! in his age group for mens' saber!!!

How awesome is that? Who would've thunk I'd have a kid ranked anything anywhere? Not me.

The rankings are based on rolling points (I dare you to try to figure out how points are awarded, I sure haven't yet). I only know points are awarded at national tournaments. So you want to go to a lot of nationals, and/or do really well when you do go. ARG has been to a few, but many have been to a lot more. It's a money thing.

Anyways, I think it is way cool. And I want to brag. I'm a proud mama.

Summer nationals are next week. I don't care how ARG fences, he ROCKS the fencing world in my book.

3 comments:

HaynesBE said...

That is really cool. Way to go Andrew!!

Mike said...

Wow! That's amazing. Congrats to ARG!

Deborah said...

That is super exciting news! Congratulations!