Sunday, June 15, 2008

Moments

Surreal moment today: hearing my sons friend Q exclaim with evident pleasure,

"I had the nicest nuke yesterday. I killed like 6 or 7 guys."

For twelve year old boys, nothing compares to dominating the (virtual) world. I still find it very perplexing to reconcile my peacenik ways with ARG's intense delight and fascination with computer combat.


Strange moment yesterday: realizing that I was way more money conscious, read not as wealthy, as the person I was with.

"I'll just have water, thanks." Gulp.


Adorable moment today: opening father's day presents, my hubby was surprised when our 8 year old Rosie gave him some beautiful paintings of stars and hearts, and a card that read,

"You're the Dest Dad ever." (those b's and d's get her all flummoxed) and $1.

I told him not to spend it all in one place.


Memory lane moment: seeing this picture of me when I was 2

Awwwww....


Bittersweet moment today: seeing my little one's big brown eyes look out from behind her floppy blonde curls and getting a glimpse of the beautiful woman she will be some day.


Grossest moment today: ARG, Q and hubby practicing complete sentences while belching. Then hubby instructing them in the joys of drinking orange juice, drooling spit down to the ground and sucking it back up again. Ew!


Flashback moment last night: watching Godzilla vs. Mothra with the fam (minus little one). Then watching BOC's song about the monster.


Nervous moment right now: remembering that I committed to doing 2 things for church that I forgot to do and need to do right now.

Bye!

0 comments: