Sunday, June 29, 2008

Meme Machine

It has already been established that I am generally "behind the times" culturally. All the hip new tech fads and lingo are uncharted territory for me.

So in the great tradition of jumping on the bandwagon after it has already passed, I am participating in my first meme.

As I prepared for this post, I tried to understand exactly what a meme is. My lay definition is this: something like a pyramid scheme for blogs but without money.

The dictionary definition is:
meme
noun
a cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one person to another by non-genetic means (as by imitation); "memes are the cultural counterpart of genes"

I guess it's like passing on brown eyes, or a tendency to have allergies. But without any Business Time (ARG you are not permitted to click on that link. I mean it!), (The rest of you can go for it) or pregnancy or birth.

So, here goes!

I found this one on Uncommon Blonde. If your have a blog and would like to play along, go for it.

Here are the rules:

a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd's mosaic maker.

Questions:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One Word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.

Behold my results:


Voila! Pretty fun huh?

Or maybe not so much for you. But it will be WAY more fun for you if you do it yourself!

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

Fun! I'm still trying to figure a couple of these out ...

Anonymous said...

it reminds me of the cube back in the 90s