Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Richard's Review

Guest writer today. My son Richard (oh how I wish I could use his real name) wrote this movie review for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!


Last night we watched V for Vendetta, a movie about a man who has a vendetta on the totalitarian state that rules England. I rate this movie 5 out of 5, for amazing action, a supreme storyline, easy to like characters, a nice dash of comedy, and great directing.

The action is supreme. V’s preferred weapons are knives, which he can throw with great skill, and a sword. He wears a facemask, which hides his identity as well as protects from punches and other mêlée weapons. V also wears a bulletproof breastplate.

The writers created a storyline that fits perfectly with real life. The United States has descended into anarchy, and England is ruled by a totalitarian state (1984.) The Norsefire Party, which rules England, has been researching bio-weaponry. They tested batches of patients, most of which died. Except for one man… DUN DUN DUN…

The writing creates characters that you are bound to love. Evey is smart, nice, a bit naive, and lovable. V instantly emerges as a poetic, shadowy, and humorous. This quote characterizes him:

“And view a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation is stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add it is my very great honor to meet you and you may call me V.” V while introducing himself to Evey.

Great alliteration, huh?

They throw a nice touch of comedy into the movie. For example V plays the 1812 Overture while blowing up a statue.

Overall, V for Vendetta is a movie worth watching.

Here are some screenshots showing the ultimate coolness of V:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guest writer,
This sounds like a relly good one for my husband to see and if you say the swords and knives are not to be missed then it's got to be a good one! Since your review was so complete I now have the option of covering my eyes during the scary bits and still know the whole story.

Good review!

Monique LeFarve

Anonymous said...

Thanks! There are not that many "scary bits" in it, actually.

Anonymous said...

Your review was informative yet entertaining. Keep writing them....as I look forward to more of these exciting glimpses.

Howard C.

Anonymous said...

guy fox is my new hero. I'm thinking Halloween, and don't look like one is in a rush to leave!!! :-)

HaynesBE said...

Richard,
What a great review!! I just added “V is for Vendetta” to my Netflix queue. Your synopsis and descriptions have me intrigued. I think my son will love the movie too. How did you get the photo to add into the blog?
Hey, I am reading Ivanhoe and just finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo. These are two fast paced adventure books with interesting heroes that you may want to checkout. Then after you read the books (always the books first you know) there are good move versions to round out the experience.
Write some more about the films or books you like. I think we may have similar tastes.

Beth