Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ron Paul....again

I joined the Ron Paul San Francisco Meetup a few months ago. There are so many activities and so many emails! Honestly, it is overwhelming. I feel like I can't do anything because I can't do everything. Also, most of the events are in SF, which is a bit of a stretch for me in terms of driving. There has been some noise about starting a coastside Meetup, but nothing has happened yet.

So, how else can I help this guy get elected? Or at least get him some name recognition so people will even listen to what he says.? Post flyers all around my neighborhood? Write letters to editors? Go door to door (which, by the way I would never do - YUCK!).

I just read that his campaign raised over $5 million in the last three months. That is pretty good news for him because the media will have to pay SOME attention to him. It also means that his support is growing and not tapering off.

But isn't it sad that almost all reporting on presidential candidates is either:
a) how much money he/she has raised
b) how he/she did in the latest poll (who trusts polls?)
c) scandal.....if any are available

When is the last time you read a substantive article about what a candidate really believes in and stands for. You have to dig pretty hard to get to their actual ideas. Headlines and lead stories are all about a, b & c. It is sad.

I really think our country is great. The founding principles of limited government, sovereignty in the people and rule of law need to be protected if we want to hold on to our liberty. Ron Paul is the only guy out there talking about these things.

"A republic, if you can keep it."
Benjamin Franklin when asked what type of government had been created at the Constitutional Convention.

0 comments: