Friday, March 8, 2013

Ladeeeeez!

It is not too often that I get to escape and be just  "Sue" (not Mom or honey). Next weekend I get to do just that! Two nights in San Diego with the Gleeson ladies - WOOT!

This time we are keeping it low-key and, hopefully, low-cost. Instead of flying to NYC for five nights at the Hilton at Central Park, two of us are flying and the rest are driving to my SIL's house for a weekend of sisterly festivities.

To fly away for a weekend (on Virgin - yay!) of adult, female fun is a fantasy come true. No dishes, no laundry, no school work is just the obvious part of the fun. Hanging with the sistas, talking, laughing, eating, drinking, dancing are what make our getaways such a treat! We can only do that together - even if I had another group of girlfriends with whom to whoop it up, it's not the same as family.

Now I wouldn't be honest if I didn't acknowledge that a few quirks and foibles can arise when the Gleeson ladies are together. Eyebrows are occasionally raised. But the family love, and our commitment to having a great time, help us smooth over the bumps.

Also, I have created an awesome disco playlist so we can get down and get funky. Frankly, I find dancing in a private space with the sistas much more enjoyable than at a club where we are a.) cougars or b.) fresh meat. I might not get my way on this - some SILs have a strong desire to boogie in public. Either way I'll get to dance, so I'm not complaining.

So here's to celebration time with the ladeeeeez!


2 comments:

HaynesBE said...

Have a great time!

Unknown said...

You totally deserve it !