Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sneezes

Have you ever noticed that everyone else's sneezes (most especially the people you live or work with) are exceedingly annoying?

I have been thinking about this for some time. Am I the only one who feels irked, bothered, annoyed, irritated, nettled and generally antagonised every time someone in my family sneezes? It drives me nuts!

Which is so unreasonable. I mean, who can help sneezing? Especially if you carry my allergic-o-rama genes and are at the mercy of histamine. But somehow, it is the WAY they sneeze that bugs me.

For example:

Son sneezes: "aaaCHKKKRRRWWWAaaaa!" it sounds like there is some blockage in the back of his nose with which the sneeze must do battle before it can get out. He always says,

"Ow! That hurts" after sneezing. Then proceeds to use 347 kleenexes/kleenexs (what is the plural of kleenex?) to wipe up the projectile spay that has covered (usually my) keyboard and desk..

Daughter sneeze: "achOOOOOOOO!" The last syllable is basically screaming pitch. "achOOOOOOOO!""achOOOOOOOO!""achOOOOOOOO!""achOOOOOOOO!"

"Honey, get a kleenex and blow your nose" I say.

"No, I don't achOOOOOOOO! need one."

Husband sneeze: "CENSORED BY THE MARITAL PEACEKEEPING DIVISION OF THE ARE YOU CRAZY HE'S GOING TO READ THIS SOCIETY"

The only one who sneezes cutely is little Marie. Just give her time and she'll be annoying the heck out of me too.

I, on the other hand, sneeze NATURALLY. I don't force it. I don't try to stop it. I don't yell with it. I just let it come at it's own pace, neatly into a tissue if possible.

That's they way everyone should sneeze.

1 comments:

yajeev said...

I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is:

kleeni



I found your blog via MIke (ogblay) and am enjoying what I'm reading.

Cheers.